Friday, July 17, 2009

Karen (Polinder) Herrema

Polinder KarenA 30 Year Reunion…I’ve found myself simply saying “class reunion” to local friends hoping to keep them guessing on what number it is!   It hardly seems possible that we’ve been out of HS that long. Trying to summarize 30 years succinctly is difficult; reflecting on how God has worked in my life and blessed us these  last 30 years is very clear…

We live in Vancouver, WA and enjoy being just 15 minutes from Portland. At the time of our last reunion, I had just left a 16-yr teaching career to work my Creative Memories business full time. It turned out to be a good decision. The last 13 years taught me a great deal about business, sales and how to work with many different types of people. This past fall I thought it might be fun to sell something different and tried a brand new line of clothing. This led me to a NW based company called Holobi. We are a group of personal stylists working one/one with women. I also teach seminars to women's groups on how to look, feel and dress your best. If you've ever seen the TLC show "What Not to Wear", it is pretty similar in format but we go more in depth developing a personal profile for each woman. I have been most fortunate to have 3 completely different careers, but each one very rewarding in a different way. image 15-7-2009

My husband Mike and I have been married for 21 years. He has been in the lumber business all of that time, and is presently employed with Weyerhaeuser.  We have two boys, Ethan and Collin who are 17 and 14.

Our world has often revolved around MANY hours of coaching/watching our kids in organized sports over the years.  I have enough stories to write a book entitled "Unbelievable True Stories of a Sports Mom".  I'll bet a few of you can relate! 

We attend a Baptist church and all four of us are very involved and love being part of that. Three of us enjoy golf, one is still thinking about starting and we all enjoy traveling! We have taken some wonderful family trips over the years.

I really look forward to re-connecting with many of you at the reunion!IMG_5576