Since graduating from LC, I’ve lived in 6 different states. I eventually landed in the Phoenix, Arizona area 14 years ago and still live here with 2 of my 3 daughters. I try to visit family in Lynden every other Christmas. I still miss the Pacific Northwest and would like to move back someday.
Life definitely has its ups and downs, doesn’t it? During my divorce in 2000, I joked that sometimes God takes you through things kicking and screaming. It was a painful time in my life, and I am thankful to have moved on and be laughing again!
I am blessed with 3 daughters: Breanne is 22 and just graduated from Dordt with a degree in English. She was married last year and lives in Iowa with husband Nick Brouwer. Morgan is 20 and in nursing school. Shelby is 16 and a junior in high school this fall. I’ve been a single mom for 10 years, and it’s been a wild ride, but as a result, my girls and I are very close. God is faithful!
In 2005, I obtained an interior design degree, and while I haven’t used the degree much, it has opened other doors for me. With the economy being what it is, I am thankful for a steady job as a sales assistant. In my free time, I enjoy spending time with family and friends and doing design work on the side.
High school was a great time for me and if I can make it to the reunion, it will be great to talk old memories and catch up on your lives now…
(L to R. Morgan, Heidi, Breanne, and Shelby.)