Monday, July 20, 2009

Carl Van Weerhuizen

Van Weerdhuizen Carl Hello to all.  I am not contemplating on how 30 years has slipped by but rather as to how much we have been able to accomplish in that time.  Since our last reunion I had taken a job  with a dairy equipment company, Westfalia Surge which led us to Idaho and now in the last 4 months I have taken a new position as the manger of the Lynden location of Brim Tractor.  The Lord moves in mysterious ways and sometimes I would like to see the map a little further in advance.  This latest move has challenged myself in learning new people, new ways of business and how to deal with a down economy but more than that it has challenged us as a family as my wife and youngest son are staying in Idaho for the time being as she is a teacher and there is also a shortage of teaching positions in this area.  For those of you who do know me the cart may perhaps of ended up well ahead of the horse.  We are learning to adjust and have tried to look at the silver linings but it seems the gray hairs are much more prevalent.

As I have already stated my wife Gayle is a teacher (High School English) and she does have all the kids that really do not want to be there so it is somewhat of a challenge for her but she does a marvelous job. (She is actually a Saint and has had lots of years of learning patience dealing with me).  We have our oldest David (going to nursing school) married to Melissa (RN) and 2 sons Isaiah (14) and Ethan (12).  They live in Wenatchee, WA. Our next son is Mark (High School History teacher and head Varsity Basketball coach) married to Anna (Middle School PE teacher and coach).  They live in New Plymouth, ID. Our  daughter Ria moved  back to Whatcom County 3 years ago and works for Peoples Bank.  We will be sharing an apartment this coming year.  The youngest is Chase (Sophmore in High School) and he is an artist  extrodinair.  We also have the horse, cattle, goats, chicken, rabbit, cat, Chocolate Lab and the latest is a Boston Terrier puppy.  Life is not dull and I do think my wife would like me to dull down a little.  In my spare time I do some announcing, play some sports and have done quite a bit of gospel singing over the years.  I am looking forward to seeing a number of you at the reunion and around Lynden but forgive me if I do not immediately recognize you because remember- You are all getting a little older.  God Bless  CVW DSC_0086